Are you looking to build your students’ critical thinking skills or provide them with more enrichment during their math block? Look no further, as I have the thing for you! Check out this math center activity called Puzzlers!
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this activity, students draw a puzzler card and then roll one or more dice to find a target number. Then using the puzzler card, students try to find as many equations as possible that equal the target number ONLY using three numbers in a row, a column, or a diagonal position on the card.
What skills are covered:
- It’s can be differentiated for your students so it can be ONLY addition and subtraction
- It can be all four operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Practice of order of operations
- Critical thinking skills
- Three different sets of foldable dice
- Two different sets of puzzler cards (differentiated versions)
- Different options for the game (so that you can play multiple variations)
- Instructions and examples
- Recording sheets
- Order of Operations Anchor Chart
- Color and B/W Versions
This resource is perfect for:
- Whole group
- Small groups
- Early Finishers
- Partners/Paired groups