When I was growing up I loved the “Create Your Own Adventure” books. This resource was inspired by that! Students who are given choices are motivated and engaged more!
How does this resource work?
- Students are given three to four paths to choose from and must travel each to collect clues and items to solve a mystery given.
- Along the way, students solve math problems and a mystery.
- When they get the answer wrong, advice is offered to help solve it correctly.
- Each reading piece is carefully crafted to the grade level of the standard’s grade level. (third-grade standard = third-grade reading level).
- The resource is in Google Slides presentation mode and students click-through links (they do not leave Slides).
What concepts are covered in this resource?
- Multiplication Fact Fluency
- Multiples of Ten (Multiplication)
- Reading comprehension practice
- Reading fluency practice
- Technology practice
How can this resource be used?
- Small groups
- Math centers
- Whole class activities
- Partner activities
- Early finisher
- and so much more!
This downloads as a PDF with a Google Slides Link inside. This is NOT offered in a paper version currently. I’m prepping more for grades 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 4th.