What Concepts & Skills are Covered?
- Properties of minerals such as color, luster, streak, hardness, and cleavage
- Properties of the three type of rocks – igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary – and how rocks are formed
- Rock identification – based on properties of rocks and formation processes
- The rock cycle which illustrates the continuous processes of rock formation, transformation, and the role of weathering and erosion
- Uses of rocks – the different application of rocks and minerals and their essential roles in human activities and technologies
- Moh’s hardness scale
- Creativity, organization, and visual representation
- Critical thinking and fine motor skills
- Students add the information related to the concepts
- Assembling directions
- Alternative rock cycle choices
- 10 different circle choices to use; use them all or pick and choose
- Teacher directions
- Student directions with images
- Printable & digital versions to choose from
- Answer keys
Why Grab This Resource?
- This resource helps students stay engaged in the subject matter rather than finding it monotonous
- It allows for flexibility and differentiation with the variety of circles to choose from, along with the digital & printable versions
- It guides students through the process of gathering information & enhancing research skills
- It creates an interactive experience & is a visually appealing representation.
This rocks and minerals craft or project provides you with an engaging tool to teach and review the three types of rocks and the properties of minerals. It combines interactive activities, customizable content, and flexibility so that you can make learning about rocks and minerals fun and engaging! Try it today and start building a love for science in a fun and creative way! Add it to your cart!