Help your students practice fractions with this engaging fractions activity. Students use pattern blocks to determine the value of fractions, identify their size, and add fractions.
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
In this resource, students will complete the following:
- Identify the shapes of the pattern blocks and their attributes
- Determine the value of a pattern block when the whole is various fractions (1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4)
- Create a pattern block design with a total value of a number
- Determine the total value of a design using unit fractions
- Identify fractions of the design based on pattern block type
This resource is an excellent resource for enrichment, independent practice, small groups, math centers, homework, and so much more!
Students do not need pattern blocks to complete it but can use them to assist.