Objective: To help students practice both reading and writing large numbers and/or decimals and their place values.
Included in this resource you’ll find:
- Individual place value houses from the hundredths to the hundred-billions- you select which ones you want to use.
- Individual numbers for use with the houses (creating their own numbers)
- Instructions for use along with alternative activities and practice worksheets
- Two alternative choices for the house – blank spaces for number cards or a full wall display with the names of each place.
- A “Mini-Place Value Neighborhood” mat for students
- Two different decimal houses – one with just tenths and hundredths, the other with tenths, hundredths, and thousandths.
- A printable and digital version (Google Slides)
- Color and B/W versions
- Differentiated to help meet your students’ needs
This resource helps you cover these concepts:
- Understanding the value of each place
- Helping students read and write numbers
- Helping students understand the places from thousandths to hundred-billions
- Practicing decimals