Help your students explore area with this counting squares activity in the form of a self-checking, start2finish puzzle that is engaging and makes a perfect math center!
PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
- 9 differentiated puzzles for practicing finding the area of a figure/shape by counting squares. Some shapes have half squares.
- Answer keys are included.
This product in use:
- Students begin with the strip that says “start” and solve the problem on that strip. Then they look for the next strip that has that answer. This continues until they arrive at the “finish” strip.
- Perfect for working on area for common core math!
- Perfect for small group work, response to intervention, homework, independent work, partner work, whole group activity, early finishers, math centers, and so much more!
- An engaging and self-checking activity!